Teacher abuse is more widespread than you think

I awoke this morning to a news story that said Teacher sexual misconduct is worse than previously thought. Even worse, the last thing I read last night was about a music teacher who got away with abusing kids for year.

This is enough to make a homeschooling mom like me to say "whew"! Thank goodness I homeschool. It is also enough to make puplic school parents very afraid.

At the end of the day, practically no children are immune to such abuse. The only way to keep your children safe from abusers is to have them with you 24-7. That is not possible for me.

My kids are with numerous "teachers" on Monday and Thursday, youth group leaders Tuesday night, and Fencing coaches throughout the week... so what is a parent to do?

What I do watch them like a hawk... you'd think I was a stalker. I might show up any day at anytime and always unannounced. I think it is clear to everyone who has access to my kids that they do not have "access" to my kids.

If your kids tutors, coaches, or schools do not allow you the same access, then you have some questions to ask.



Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...