Dragging them kicking and screaming to college seminars

Yesterday I took my kids and my unofficial third child to a seminar given by SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) that was given at the local arts center. The seminar explained how to create a good art portfolio for entry into SCAD or another Fine Arts College.

Out of the three kids, the youngest was the most interested and excited. She is just beginning highschool level in the fall at age 13, and is already pretty set on her college choices. The older two, the boys age 15 and 16 both going into their Jr (ish) years, acted more like It was my responsibility to internalize the information for them. But then in my experience, boys are less likely to make life decisions early on. I can see them scrambling to make college choices late in their senior year... Over my dead body.

Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

Great Deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...