Why I am not against using teachers in homeschooling

I ran into my daughters art teacher today and she told me my daughter was fabulous. Well, I know my daughter is fabulous so I agreed. She clarified by telling me how impressed she was with my daughters level of artwork in this her first real drawing class. I had seen her working previously, and had noticed that her perspective was excellent. It took another person, an expert in art to tell me just how good her work was.

You'd think that as an artist who has been drawing since the age of six that I would know that the kid has killer arts skills, but she would not draw flowers and candle sticks for me... The only think I've seen her draw ever is anime stuff.

So for that reason I am glad to get input from other adults who can bring things out of her that I have not been able to or have not thought to.


Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

Great Deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're right that outside teachers, especially in subjects whre our kids have real interest or aptitude can be hugely beneficial. The trouble is affording the outside tutoring.

JanuskieZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...