Could my child be Self Directed?

You might remember that last week I wrote about changing my son's math plans.  He was supposed to start Calculus, having just finished trig... but he just didn't want to.  Because he is only 16 (a Jr.) and because calculus is not really necessary for his projected course of study, we decided to put calculus off for a year and in the meanwhile, work on perfecting his current math skills so he will do well on standardized exams.

I thought that meant I would have to buy workbooks, and stand over him and force him to do math practice every day, but boy, was I wrong! 

This morning he printed off a stack of math worksheets to take with him to his Fine Arts programs so he could work on them during is study hall period.  He is actually assessing his weaknesses, and doing extra practice in those areas on his own. 


YES!!

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

OO, sounds like he is self-directed already!!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...