Summer Plans for my Homeschoolers

This time of the year, I am usually focused on planning for next school year.  This time, I am busy planning for summer.  Unlike previous years, we are not homeschooling through the summer (for the most part), but I am sending the kids forth to participate in summer programs.

My daughter will spend a week at Wesleyan College in Macon for their Fine Arts Intensive Program.
She will then spend 2 weeks on a play at a theater in Atlanta (Fabrefaction), and spend another 2 weeks doing costuming for another play.

My son will spend 1 week at SCAD summer seminars (God willing) and then hopefully do an internship with the rest of his time.

I have ideas for back up plans in case my son's first choice of activities does not pan out.  We need to wait for acceptance letters.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

4 comments:

Erin J said...

Its great to see the evolution of homeschooling as your children get on in years. This gives me ideas an things to look forward to when my children get to that more independent age. But for now we are just planning to continue on with Summer Reading programs and outdoor themed field trips, etc...

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

How cool is that? I didn't know there were summer programs in colleges that took high schoolers. Fingers crossed for your son! :)

Ahermitt said...

Yep, always check your local colleges, they seem to have the best summer programs... they are not cheap, but definitely valuable for a child who has an idea of what they may want to do in life.

Homeschoolbytes said...

Cool idea - thanks for the tip on checking colleges. My kids are looking for 'older' activities to do and I needed some ideas.

Thanks!

Misty

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...