Gnawing away at the umbilical cord

My son is spending the week at the SCAD Atlanta Summer Seminar program and living on campus.  He is only 20 minutes away, but to me if feels like he's on the other side of the country.  As he is a naturally quiet and shy person, I thought the transition would be rough.  Normally when he's away from home it is with people he knows, but this time, not a single person he has ever met before it with him.

I know he is doing well because he won't call and he won't write.  The most I am getting is one word text messages.

I text to ask "is everything cool?"  He answers "yes".
I text "are you having fun?"  He answers "yes".

I guess that's good.... probably very good. I'll take that.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...