A follow up on my conversation about race and Trayvon Martin

I wrote what I wrote last night because it was heavy on my heart and had been itching to get out.  But a good night's sleep always brings perspective.  This does not mean that I am not any less scared, angry, dissappointed, and broken-hearted over the Trayvon Martin case,  because I am.

However, I am also encouraged that so many people have stood up for justice of this young child.  I am not only seeing black teens and their parents mobilizing over this case, but I am also seeing white, Hispanic, Muslim, and all other nationalities pulling together to call for justice.

So while this issue makes it painfully aware that we still have a long way to come in the matter of race relations, I am also happy to notice that we have already come a long way.  The only problem is that half-way is not far enough.

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On being black and homeschooling.

Problems with Frontier

Are You Paying the “Scholarship Tax”?