So what's the purpose of public school?

 I'm in a bit of a Tizzy.  I've been upset for a few days because I realized that a couple of kids I know that are about to graduate from public school and that I thought were excelling were just squeaking by. It saddens me to see kids that I know are BRIGHT and ON-IT and find out that they too were pushed through school with learning issues never addressed.

Put this on top of the fact that I know too many kids that were 'huge problems' in school that weren't quite such a pain at home that were just pushed out.

So I have to ask, if the good kids aren't being served, and the troubled or active kids aren't being served, then what is the purpose of a public education?

Hmmm?

 When I started homeschooling, I Liked to say that at least I knew that I could not screw my kids up worse than the public schools were doing.  I had no idea just how right I was.

So all this time, I am looking at kids in public school that are all shiny and awesome and wondering if my kids hold up.  Now, I see clearly that while my kids' carrots have small plumage, that they have produced a much better vegetable.

(photo credit: I found this photo all over the net and traced it back to the earliest posting I could find in effort to give it proper credit.  If anyone knows where the credit should go, please leave a message.)




FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...