How Do You Feel About Tutoring

As homeschoolers, we often feel that hiring a tutor means we are not capable of educating a child ourselves. We would rather stay up all night before a new lesson is to be introduced learning the lesson ourselves. As for myself, I decided some years ago, that I would rather pay for a tutor than the throw myself into a subject I was not passionate about. I would rather hire someone who has the passion that a subject needs to pass on that excitement to my kids.

Securing proper Tutoring for a homeschoolers is not the easiest job. It takes time and connections to find someone whose personality meshes well with that of your child’s. Even when a good tutor is found, you never know when the life of that tutor will change, and therefore that tutor is gone.

Despite the struggles in getting a tutor, I have to say that the person I hired to teach my children Math did an excellent job helping my children to excel where I was just helping them to keep up. The degree of guidance and Math Tutoring she supplied was far more priceless than the fee I paid her each week.

One thing we must remeber as homeschoolers is that a tutor does not have to take our place as your child’s math teacher, instead they can supply homework help in whatever subject we feel our children need it.

I recently found out about a website called tutorvista.com. They supply online tutoring in Algebra, english , Geometry, Calculus , Statistics, Science, Reading Comprehension, Writing, and Grammar . Tutor Vista also helps students prepare for standardized tests and exams. I was most impressed by the fact that they offer unlimited subject tutoring, with membership.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On being black and homeschooling.

Problems with Frontier

Carnival of homeschooling - September 13, 2011