How Do You Feel About Tutoring

As homeschoolers, we often feel that hiring a tutor means we are not capable of educating a child ourselves. We would rather stay up all night before a new lesson is to be introduced learning the lesson ourselves. As for myself, I decided some years ago, that I would rather pay for a tutor than the throw myself into a subject I was not passionate about. I would rather hire someone who has the passion that a subject needs to pass on that excitement to my kids.

Securing proper Tutoring for a homeschoolers is not the easiest job. It takes time and connections to find someone whose personality meshes well with that of your child’s. Even when a good tutor is found, you never know when the life of that tutor will change, and therefore that tutor is gone.

Despite the struggles in getting a tutor, I have to say that the person I hired to teach my children Math did an excellent job helping my children to excel where I was just helping them to keep up. The degree of guidance and Math Tutoring she supplied was far more priceless than the fee I paid her each week.

One thing we must remeber as homeschoolers is that a tutor does not have to take our place as your child’s math teacher, instead they can supply homework help in whatever subject we feel our children need it.

I recently found out about a website called tutorvista.com. They supply online tutoring in Algebra, english , Geometry, Calculus , Statistics, Science, Reading Comprehension, Writing, and Grammar . Tutor Vista also helps students prepare for standardized tests and exams. I was most impressed by the fact that they offer unlimited subject tutoring, with membership.

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...