Is the sky really falling? (Healthcare bill)

Barack Obama (Hope, Shepard Fairey Campaign) Art Poster Print - 16" X 20"As a homeschooler of many years, I am very aware that things happen out in the world that before long will greatly affect our ability to homeschool, but the email I got this morning, really bothered me. 

I am paraphrasing here, but it suggested that because the government is issuing student loans that they would next want to affect college curriculum. 

I can't see them affecting college curriculum any more than they do now.... plus there are far too many layers of bureaucracy in colleges already for them to be able cut through...

Just my opinion anyway. 

This is just a sampling of the things I see daily that says because Obama is president, the sky will fall.

But then again, I don't thing the healthcare bill is unconsititutional.  I don't see the President of the United States as the Antichrist either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

1 comment:

CaptiousNut said...

Obama is not the anti-Christ.

But Congress is!

We already have government-dominated healthcare....it's just that few even realize it. Much of the anger against *accelerating* gov't's dominance is inarticulate, but justified nonetheless.

Also, *government* already subsidizes abortion to the tune of $300 million or so annually. So that issue is already moot - AND deliberately exaggerated to manipulate voters (both pro and con).

Obviously, when it's all said and done, the government will have done the the same wonders for healthcare, as it did for *education*!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...