Charter schools versus homeschooling

 I had a conversation with a neighbor today who tried to convince me that I should consider putting my kids in the new math and science charter school that had opened near our neighborhood.

Bless his heart. 

He was clearly well intentioned, but just like all my other neighbors feels that my kids would be better off in a real school and not homeschooling...   As great as that school might be, the facts are that my daughter is not a math and science person, and if she were going to attend a charter school it would need to be an Arts Charter School... and my son... well, he's almost done so the point is moot. 

Its so funny that people are willing to look past the needs of the individual child to do what society determines is acceptable.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

1 comment:

Mrs. J said...

The system has many people thinking that the only legit way to educate your child is through a public school or private school other than homeschooling. It makes them feel uncomfortable to see a child educated in an environment other that a brick and mortar school.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...