Areas of weakness should be allowed

When I was in highschool I used to get pretty bent out of shape about studying and grades.  I had to understand every single concept in my math or science book (the areas I struggled in) or I would become distraught.  I remember my mother asking me, if I thought I might not pass a test, as I always passed my tests.  I would reply "Of course, I am going to pass the test, but by how much". I had to have A's.  That is how I was wired.  Yeah, I was high strung.

I am wired differently now.  Somewhere along the way, I learned that there would be areas where I would absolutely excel, and there are some areas, that I struggle in and I am OK with that.  As the parent of homeschoolers, I know that there are some areas where my kids deserve A's, some areas where they deserve B's, and some areas where they deserve C's.  Sometimes this is due to a lack of enthusiasm and effort.  Mostly, it is due to a weakness in a subject matter.

Sure I want my kids to always do their best, but I would rather them to really, really excel in one area than to do have them do satisfactorily in every area.  This is what makes us individuals.



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...