Guest posts, blog spammers, and other housekeeping

 So, It's clearly time to spell out some policies:

Guest posts:  As of June 2017, I have decided to severely limit guest posts.  The requests are getting out of hand and I feel like the posts that are sent to me are not really what I am looking for in a guest post.  For the few I accept I will look for the following:

What I look for in a guest post:
  • Writer must be a homeschooling parent, homeschooling student, or former homeschooling student. 
  • Relevance to homeschoolers, as in you have something concrete to offer homeschoolers whether it be subject specific, experience specific, a unique perspective or something of that nature. 
  • Uplifting topic, as in I don't want to read another article about the downfalls or problems in homeschooling.  We know what they are and how to overcome them.  Any guest posts I choose must be uplifting. 
  • Pre-written blog post.  I know it is a pain, but I won't even give a tentative yes unless you submit the post you have in mind.  If I don't like it, you can always put it on your own blog or use it somewhere else. This way, I don't have to guess as to whether I will like a hypothetical blog post. 
  • Submit guest posts requests to ahermitt@gmail.com and write GUEST POST in the subject line.
 What I don't want in a guest post:
  • Advice from anyone who doesn't truly understand homeschooling
  • Posts from commercial sites.  Please don't submit a post with a link to a commercial sites.   
  • Keep in mind that I will place a PAID text or button ad on my site if you are just looking for advertising.  
Speaking of advertising, we must mention....

Blog spammers: Blog spammers have gotten out of control. For that reason, I have had to put comments on moderation.  My blog is not here to promote your website, regardless of what it is.  I will let a few comments through that links back to a website, but guys, do you have to be so obvious that the only reason you are commenting is to get traffic back to your sites?  I will delete those.  Don't abuse the comment section, and your comment will stand.  Once again, if you want to place a PAID ad on my site, just contact me.





FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Oh, I've been getting weird notes about some "how to pick a nursing home" place. And I don't even respond to that. Why inbox me? Some of these people must be spamming millions of addresses in the hopes of hitting upon that one dum-dum who will let them use the blog for free.

Ahermitt said...

I actually get some good guest posts which is good because I don't always have something to say and want to keep the blog populated, but the obvious ones really burn me up.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...