I'm fine and I don't feel like crying!

I swear, it is driving me crazy!

People are making a bigger deal about my kids being off at college than I am.

Hubby's coming out of the closet with red swollen eyes.  Brother, sis n law, and everyone else I run into are looking at my eyes for signs of tears.  But I don't feel sad.  So now I am starting to feel like maybe I'm a great big heal for not being a blubbering idiot right now!

The thing is...

They are at college, 2 hours away, and I can get to them quickly if I have to.
I know they are equipped and ready for college and I am celebrating that fact, not bemoaning it.  - I know, because I homeschooled them!
I was given quite the guilt trip when it was time for me to leave for college and I AM NOT going to do that to my kids.
I'm just so giddy with excitement for them and what they are preparing to accomplish in life.

So, please, don't expect me to be unhappy about this very happy occasion.

Tears aren't necessary.  ... and I won't succumb to them.

I am not losing a son and daughter, I just don't have to clean up after them anymore.

1 comment:

Blondee said...

Glad you are celebrating this huge transition in their life with them!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...