My Most Recent articles about homeschooling

Homeschoolers and Sports Teams
Tim Tebow didn't let rules against homeschoolers playing High School football in Oklahoma stop him. Instead, he played football for Nease High School in Jacksonville Florida. This led to winning a Scholarship to Flordia State and also a Heisman Trophy.

Is your homeschoolers plate too full?
I sat down and counted all of the activities my homeschoolers were in this year and realized that their plates just might be too full. Looking at my son's schedule, I counted Drama club, Chorus, Introduction to Drama Class, Piano Lessons
, Music Theory Class,

Homeschoolers take back the mall

As I walked through the mall today I noticed several things. The first thing I noticed was that there were numerous school age kids in the mall with their parents.


The Carnival of Homeschooling puts you in great company

If from time to time you feel alone in your homeschooling endeavors, never fear, you are not... not by a longshot. As proof of this, I submit to you the Carnival of Homechooling. The Carnival of Homeschooling is a roving blog hosted by a different homeschooler each week.

Notes from a homeschooling mom: It takes a community
January 3, 12:25 PM
I took it upon myself this week to begin compiling homeschool resources for kids in my county. When I began homeschooling my kids six or so years ago (I've lost count) there were several local homeschooling groups with a plethora of activities.

Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

1 comment:

Becca said...

I saw you on utube and loved what you said... we did k12 for a little while this year.... I pulled my kids out when their education was threatened by the school officials...

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...