It's actually about more just the books

You would think from my most recent posts that I am an evil taskmaster trying to force hordes of information into their heads.  For me its about so much more than just books and getting into a top notch college.

In giving my eclectically educated children a stringent curriculum to complete I am also teaching them manage time, meet high expectations, and to do things in excellence.  While a good college is a great ultimate goal, what is the use of getting them into college without strong values and willing to always do their best?

It goes without saying that faith is also an important aspect in our lives, while I probably don't make as big a deal about it in writing about homeschooling as others do.  I am more of a do as I do, not do as I say kind of person.  So the kids see me going to church and participating.  They see me doing for others.  They see me being kind even when they know, I am not feelin' it... faith is important in the entirety of our lives, not a segment of homeschooling....  but because we homechool it is allowed to be a bigger part.

Just wanted to point that out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Oo, good post. I'm looking over your curriculum choices and I'm pretty amazed. :)

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...