Using Elementary workbook pages for High School Students

 Mrs. C has left a new comment on my post "Teach it Till They Learn It":  in which I talked about my kids struggling with the Cells chapter in biology.  She thought the lesson created for younger kids might be too simplistic but she was wrong.   See here. http://www.ellenjmchenry.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/botanyfirstchapter.pdf






While the chapter was on plant cells, and they are studying animal cells, so I will save it for later.


So let me explain why the worksheet sent from Mrs. C was soooo right. 



Things are best explained on an elementary level. I have found over the years, when the kids don't get something at a sophisticated and advanced level, to head to the bookstore and pick up a children's picture book.  Once the kids get the simplistic basics, you can them build on it.  So I will be using this unit if necessary when we get to animal cells... so, Thanks Mrs. C.




FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Oh, I'm sooo glad you enjoyed it. We are currently working through her chemistry packet. :)

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...