I don't change my oil every 3000 miles, and other things I do to annoy people


See.  I knew that I didn't need that quarterly appointment at the local Lube joint.  I've had my car for six years, and have never changed the oil before the reminder sticker had been completely faded by the sun.  Even when at my last 2 oil changes, I had to deal with indignant service people who insisted that my car be flushed for an extra $20.00 because I am a negligent car momma, I still wasn't moved by the disapproval.  From now on,  I will say no-thank-you, with confidence that I am doing the right thing.

Just call me a rebel.  I just spoke to someone I consider to be my mentor from my teenage days.  We talk every few years for about 20 minutes and give a complete run-down of our lives.  In reminding him that I homeschool he said, "I am a huge supported of homeschooling in lieu of bad public school.... Reading between the lines, I heard.  Well, if you public schools are bad, then I guess homeschooling is OK.  Sigh.  I still love him, but as demonstrated above, approval is neither sought or accepted.

Oh, but my crazy doesn't stop there.  I have realized that I annoy a lot of homeschoolers too...  (my people?  My people?) You see, I'm not a Republican.  I'm more of a Redemotarian. I vote for whomever I feel is going to get the job done.  I tend to be a bit of a fiscal conservative, and a social liberal (cause what other people do is none of my business), and I wish we could just do flat tax.  But that's just me.

I call it THINKING FOR MYSELF.  If I didn't do that, none of the other things that make me unique would be possible.... I would be a clone.  An oil changing, public schooling, southern living, republican clone.  Yum.

I'd rather be annoying.



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

2 comments:

Blondee said...

Living for others accceptance is silly. Hard lesson for some, though.

I'm not a Republican, either. I vote for whomever seems smartest and to lie the least.

We are a shady group, aren't we? ;)

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I was going to get the oil changed on our new car and turns out the manufacturer says every 5000 miles, not 3000. So your oil change buddies might have been trying to pull a fast one.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...